|For Shelters &
|FAQs from Shelters|
|FAQs Myth Busting|
|Fear vs Fact|
|Labels & Language|
|For Dog Owners|
1. DO WE NEED SPECIAL APPLICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS TO KEEP DOGS SAFE?
3. OUR PIT BULLS AREN'T GETTING ADOPTED AS FREQUENTLY AS WE'D LIKE. WHAT CAN WE DO TO INCREASE ADOPTIONS?
4. OUR PIT BULLS STAY HERE FOR A LONG TIME. WHAT CAN WE DO TO HELP THEM STAY HEALTHY?
7. OUR ADOPTORS HAVE A LOT OF CONCERNS ABOUT ADOPTING "PIT BULLS" DOGS. HOW CAN WE HELP THEM UNDERSTAND "PIT BULL" DOGS ARE GOOD DOGS?
8. OUR DOGS LOOK LIKE PIT BULLS. HOW DO WE KNOW IF THEY'RE MIXED BREEDS?
9. WE WANT TO CALL OUR PIT BULLS "MIXED BREED" OR "AMERICAN SHELTER DOGS," BUT THE SHELTER SOFTWARE DOESN'T GIVE US THAT OPTION. HOW SHOULD WE LABEL THE DOGS?
"The petfinder.com system requires that we choose a predominant breed or breed mix for our dogs. Visual breed identification in dogs is unreliable so for most of the dogs we are only guessing at predominant breed or breed mix. We get to know each dog as an individual and will do our best to describe each of our dogs based on personality, not by breed label." Back to the Top
For more, see our answers to common FAQS about “Pit Bull” Dogs from Adopters and Families