Breed-Specific Legislation Map
This map gives you a comprehensive look at breed-specific legislation across the United States.
How to use the map:
- This map contains data points for locations that currently have breed-specific legislation, have repealed BSL, rejected BSL, or have a statewide preemption against BSL.
- Data is clustered in pie charts by location. Zoom in or click on a pie chart to uncluster the data.
- Click on an individual pin to view detailed information about that location’s BSL history.
- Use the map legend on the left to filter the data points based current BSL outcome.
- Use the search function to quickly find details about a location.
Visit Justice for Bullies to view a map of BSL in Canada.
Are we missing any updates? Is there breed-specific legislation in your area that’s not on our map?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
News and Articles
Dangerous dog registries fail to put the responsibility on the dog owner and instead deflect blame to the dog.
Landlords cite liability risks as justification for these policies. We did a deep dive to find out what the dog bite related liability risks really are.