Involve Your Community
Bringing dogs and people together happens on the local level. Without local support and community involvement, our work won’t be as effective. Fundraising for AFF will spread our message and help us end discrimination for dogs and people.
Want to Keep It Simple?
Here Are Some Ideas:
Hook up with your local brewery or winery to create a Barks and Beers or Wags and Winos event. Have a small suggested donation door fee and work with the restaurant to get them to donate a portion of the food and drink profits. (These events are even better if the place has a dog-friendly patio!)
Rent out a movie theater and sell tickets for more than the retail value. Donate the difference to AFF. Extra points if you host a talkback before or after the film to discuss the many ways discrimination affects dog owners.
Include us in your celebrations by asking guests at your birthday, wedding, or any other special day to make a donation to help secure the equal treatment of all dogs.
Review the Terms and Conditions for Hosting a Fundraiser
*Note that these terms will not take effect until your event is approved and an agreement is signed.
- Animal Farm Foundation, Inc. (AFF) is a non-profit organization exempt from federal income tax pursuant to Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3). Third Party and AFF agree that AFF is an intended third party beneficiary under this Agreement.
- Term. The term of the Agreement shall commence on the Effective Date and shall terminate 30 days after the end of the Event; provided that the provisions of Sections 5.B., 8, 9, 12, 13, 17 and 18 shall forever survive termination of this Agreement.
- Payment of Monies. Third Party shall be responsible for handling all monies in connection with the Event. All donations accrued in connection with the Event shall be sent to AFF either by check or via AFF’s website within 30 days after the end of the Event.
- Operations and Costs. The parties acknowledge and agree that Third Party will be solely responsible for conducting the Event and for all operational aspects of the Event including, but not limited to, the safe and lawful conduct of the Event and ensuring that the Event is conducted in a professional manner befitting the parties’ respective outstanding public images. Third Party shall be solely responsible for all costs and expenses associated with the Event.
- Promotion. Third Party shall be solely responsible for promoting the Event and may do so in the manner and to the extent agreed upon in advance with AFF. AFF may choose to list events open to the public on their Facebook page. Third Party shall provide to AFF access to and right to use any database of consumer information generated through the Event, without charge, to the extent permitted by applicable law or otherwise.
- Compliance with Laws. A. Third Party agrees to comply with all laws relating to the promotion and conduct of the Event and its activities under this Agreement, including, without limitation, all consumer and other disclosure requirements. Third Party further agrees to file all appropriate registrations and post all necessary bonds, and obtain all permits, releases, consents, licenses and approvals, necessary for promoting and conducting the Event.
- INDEMNITY. EACH PARTY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD THE OTHER PARTY HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL COSTS, LOSSES OR EXPENSES, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, THAT THE OTHER PARTY MAY INCUR BY REASON OF (A) THE INDEMNIFYING PARTY’S NEGLIGENCE OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT OR (B) ANY CLAIM(S) OR LAWSUIT(S) BROUGHT BY A PARTY THAT IS NOT A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT ARISING OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH, (I) THE INDEMNIFYING PARTY’S PERFORMANCE OR FAILURE TO PERFORM PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT OR (II) ANY SERVICE OR PRODUCT SOLD OR PROVIDED BY THE INDEMNIFYING PARTY IN CONNECTION WITH THE EVENT.
- Insurance. If you rent out an establishment for the event: In addition to any other insurance that Third Party must maintain under this Agreement, Third Party shall maintain, during the term of this Agreement, commercial general liability insurance in the amount of $100,000.00 per occurrence, which covers liability for bodily injury, property damage, death and advertising injury arising in connection with the Event. Third Party shall name AFF as Additional Insureds on all insurance policies required under the terms of this Agreement solely with respect to the Event. Please consult with the owners of the event space for further information.
- Default and Early Termination. If either party should fail to perform or be in breach of any of the terms, conditions, agreements, covenants, representations or warranties contained in this Agreement, or anticipatorily breach this Agreement, and such default is not curable, or if such default is curable but remains uncured for a period of 30 days after written notice thereof has been given to the defaulting party, the other party, at its sole election, may immediately terminate this Agreement by written notice thereof to the defaulting party. In the event of an early termination, the parties shall proceed in a commercially reasonable manner and in good faith to facilitate a professional separation. In the event of an early termination due to a breach by AFF, AFF shall be entitled to all donations due under this Agreement up to the date of termination; provided, however, that, in the event of a Flat Donation, AFF shall be entitled to a pro-rated portion of the Flat Donation if (i) the Event was promoted prior to the date of termination, or (ii) the Flat Donation was publicly disclosed prior to the date of termination. In the event of an early termination due to a breach by Third Party, AFF shall be entitled to all donations due under this Agreement up to the date of termination, including, but not limited to, the full guaranteed minimum donation or full flat donation, as the case may be. The provisions of this Section 11 shall not preclude the parties from seeking any other remedies available to them under this Agreement and applicable law.
- Dispute Resolution. In the event of any dispute arising out of this Agreement, the parties shall use good faith efforts to resolve their differences amicably. In the event they are unsuccessful, the parties agree not to commence litigation until attempting to resolve their dispute through mediation. Any party may initiate the mediation process with 30 days’ prior written notice to the other party. The dispute shall be submitted to mediation in the city it which AFF is located. Costs of mediation shall be borne equally by the parties. Mediation of the dispute shall be completed within 15 days of commencement, unless the parties extend the time by mutual agreement or unless the mediator declares the parties to be at an impasse.
- Audit Rights. Third Party agrees to maintain accurate and complete financial records regarding the Event and to do so in accordance with applicable law and agrees that AFF may with 10 days’ prior notice conduct an audit of such records during regular business hours at any time reasonably requested by AFF.
- Relationship of Parties. The parties to this Agreement are not joint venturers, partners, agents, nor representatives of each other, and such parties have no legal relationship other than as contracting parties to this Agreement.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement supersedes any prior understandings or oral agreements between Third Party and AFF regarding the subject matter hereof and constitutes the entire understanding and agreement of such parties with respect to the subject matter hereof. There are no agreements, understandings, representations or warranties between Third Party and AFF regarding the subject matter here other than those set forth herein.
- Assignment. No party may assign, directly or indirectly, by operation of law, change of control or otherwise, this Agreement, or any rights or obligations hereunder, without the prior written consent of the other parties, which shall not to be unreasonably withheld. Any attempt to assign this Agreement in contravention of this Section 14 shall be void and of no force and effect.
- Notices. Any notice hereunder shall be in writing and shall be effective (i) when personally delivered or when transmitted via facsimile with receipt confirmed; or (ii) the next business day following deposit with a reputable courier service for overnight delivery. All notices shall be forwarded to the address of each party listed in this Agreement.
- Governing Law and Venue. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state in which the AFF is located (New York). Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Agreement that is not resolved under Section 10 shall be filed and heard in the state or federal courts of New York, and the parties consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts.
- Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed simultaneously in two or more counterparts, each of which shall be considered an original instrument. Each counterpart will be considered a valid and binding original. Once signed, any reproduction of this Agreement made by reliable means (e.g., photocopy, facsimile) is considered an original.
Fill Out A Fundraising Application
The Latest From Our Team
An interview with Animal Farm Foundation's Director of Behavior and Training
Help Bring Dogs and People Together
Give to Our Mission
Please click “donate” to proceed to payment information.
Animal Farm Foundation is a 501c3 organization. Your donation is tax-deductible.
Host An Event
Post on Social Media
Become a Corporate Partner and Sponsor a Program or Event
P.O. Box 624
Bangall, NY 12506