Earlier this week a truck full of dogs from the Spindletop cruelty case arrived at Animal Farm Foundation via the HSUS transport truck. In just 24 hours, these dogs have taught the staff and volunteers at AFF a few important life lessons:
1. New to the block? Get to know your neighbors by offering to lend a hand.
2. Don’t hesitate to tell someone you really like them. Everyone likes to make new friends!
3. When in doubt, dance. Awkwardly.
4. We all need someone to lean on. Take comfort in your friends.
5. Let go of the past. It’s never too late to start over (especially if you get to have a pool party!).
Today the dogs, living life in the present, are busy making new friends, resting after their long journey, getting medical care, and basking in the sun. Cheers to everyone who helped make this new chapter possible for them. If you’d like to support Animal Farm Foundation’s newest arrivals, please consider donating supplies through our wishlist.